I tried to gather some topic ideas on this blog. From LinkedIn, I hear quite a bit of feedbacks on discussion about decoding algorithms. I have thought about this a bit. Here are some sample topics which I will discuss,
- How to setup Recognizer X on a Platform Y?
- What are the interesting properties of Program A in speech recognition package B?
- What are the best practice when you try to use a certain model training package?
- Tuning results in a domain.
- News: certain package has a new version coming out! What are something special?
- Thoughts in speech recognition problem.
- Thoughts in programming problem.
- Algorithms/Data structures for decoding/parameter estimation : like you suggested in this post.
- What is an interesting development direction for a speech recognition package?
- Others: softwares/algorithm in some related fields such as NLP, MT.
Of course, I will keep on chatting about some on-going components of Sphinx which I feel interested,
- Sphinx 4 maintenance and refactoring
- PocketSphinx's maintenance
- An HTKbook-like documentation : i.e. Hieroglyphs.
- Regression tests on all tools in SphinxTrain.
- In general, modernization of Sphinx software, such as using WFST-based approach.