As AIDL grew, once in a while people would talk about blockchain would affect AI or deep learning. Currently it is still a long shot, but blockchain by itself is a very interesting technology and it deserves our notice.
Here are some resources you may use to learn about blockchain. Unlike "Top 5 List" for AIDL, I don't really understand the technology too well. But also unlike "List of Neuroscience MOOC", Greg Dubela did give me a lot of recommendations on what you should learned up. Thus this post is also used as a resource post in "Blockchain Nation".
- (2 minute) This video: explaining the purpose of blockchain in 2 minutes, and the promise it makes.
- This 6-part series from Dash School is a great introductory series on what Blockchain is, how it is governed, and several fundamental concepts. Greg highly recommend the series.
Blockchain is still a new development, so it's harder to find MOOC which can teach you the whole thing in entirety. We found there are couple of exceptions:
- Coursera's Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency from Princeton
- Stanford CS251's Bitcoin class. While this is not a MOOC, you can access all the notes and homework. They are high-quality.
- Coursera's Cryptography I and Cryptography II, which provides you fairly good basics of Cryptography.
- Mastering Bitcoin by Andreas M. Antonopoulos
Different Cryptos: (under construction)
Learning blockchain these days usually means you know different the characteristics of different coins. Here are list of interesting ones.
- Ethereum Classic
As I said before, we are really no expert on the topic. But as of 20170705, I am taking the Princeton class and I found it quite promising and get into the detail of how blockchain really works.
To be reviewed:
- Someone also brought up University of Nicosia's Introductory MOOC on bitcoin. I haven't see too much review yet. So let's decide later then.
- Khan Academy: https://www.khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain/core-finance/money-and-banking/bitcoin/v/bitcoin-what-is-it
- Berkeley "Dive Deep into Ethereum" https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ejYCWkHQIRInXB4VifoHevom8CWVJ69zFVfP4J2fjSU/edit