Some assorted links for understanding heaps in user-land,
- All post relevant to strace by Julian Evans, and her strace zine, ltrace is pretty doped too.
- Here is a list of Linux syscalls
- Learning what /proc is, check out dmesg is nice too,
- So you can attach gdb to a process, you know that right?
- A very useful tutorial to follow from Holberton School,
- Dan Luu's post on how to write your own malloc
- A very short book to understand how glibc malloc works
- Several examples of playing with glibc malloc, of course many of these exploits are outdated).
- If you are debugging, you love valgrind and its --leak-check function.